Taj Mahal Day Tour
Ex. Delhi, INDIA
Duration :: 13 to 14 Hrs approx
Destination Covered :: Mathura & Agra included Taj Mahal, Sikandra, Agra Fort & Itmad-Ud-Daulah
After pickup, you will get in a private car and head to Agra it will take approx 4 hrs 30 minutes to be in the city of Agra, located on the banks of the Yamuna River.
Your first stop will be at Sikandra, the mausoleum of Akbar. Akbar himself started construction of the structure which has a perfect blending of Hindu, Christian, Islamic, Buddhist, Jain themes. Take some pictures at this beautiful monument in your hour spent there.
After that you will proceed to the Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This treasure of Mughal architecture was a symbol of power, strength and resilience. Over time, Agra Fort has seen many battles and undergone major renovations and you will see its classical fusion of Hindu and Islamic architecture in the construction and decor.
Following your time at the Agra Fort, you will head to the Taj-Mahal, India’s most iconic building and also a UNESCO World Heritage site. The Taj Mahal is a white marble mausoleum. It was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved third wife, Mumtaz Mahal, and covers an area of about 1000 acres. The architecture of the Taj Mahal is a combination of Persian, Turkish and Indian architecture. Admire the monument and take some more pictures that will last a lifetime.
After your time at the Taj Mahal, you will be brought to a restaurant for lunch (own expense).
After lunch, visit the Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daula, a mausoleum which has a special place in the chronicles of both history and architecture. The mausoleum, often described as a jewel box, is regarded as a draft of the Taj Mahal because is the very first tomb in India that is entirely made out of marble. The structure has a beautiful view overlooking the Yamuna river and provides you with more great photo opportunities.
At the end of private tour, sit back and relax on the drive back to Delhi where you will be dropped off at departure location.
- Bottled water for each Guest
- Fruit Juice for each Guest
- Monuments Entry Fee where applicable
- Exclusive private air-conditioned chauffeur driven Car for all sightseeing
- All Toll taxes, parking, driver allowance, fuel charges, permit fee etc
- All present applicable taxes
- Any other item not specified in the “cost includes”.
- Guide, boat / ferry ticket, camera ticket at various places of sightseeing
- Any Expenses of personal nature such as portage, tips, insurance, wine, telephone charges and all items of personal nature
Daily 06:00 Hrs except Friday